our adventures in life, love, faith and adoption

Tuesday, March 4, 2014

, , ,

Waiting In the Desert


I was talking with a good friend yesterday, listening about the trials they are currently facing in their lives, and sharing with her about the frustrations and unknowns of our adoption process. Things have literally come to a grinding halt… no referrals and no movement. We don't know when or if that will change, and that is a strange (and tiring, and hard) place to be. What do we stand on when all our footholds have come out from under us? When there are no timelines, guarantees, answers, or even bits of progress? When the current state looks even more bleak than the last?

We ended our conversation laughing (albeit wearily) and with the hope that some day, some how, we'll be able to look back on this time in our lives with a renewed sense of clarity. I left that conversation at least feeling refreshed that I'm not the only one in this very long, very unknown state of waiting. Perhaps you're waiting for something, too? For a work situation to change, answers and healing from an illness, a relationship to get better? I'd venture to guess we've all experienced our own desert at some point in our lives.

My devotional was so appropriate last night. I even had to laugh at the Psalm number, for it's the very number on the waiting list we're stuck at, and may be stuck at for a long time:

We live in a world that worships the immediate. When it seems there is no sign of our deepest longings being fulfilled, the psalmist urges us to cling to the eternal God. "Wait on the Lord; be of good courage, and He shall strengthen your heart; wait, I say, on the Lord!" (Psalm 27:14)

–  Our Daily Bread
Reactions:

4 comments:

  1. I tried leaving a message yesterday and it wouldn't work. I just want you to know that I'm thinking of you two! Thanks for posting an update. It must be SO hard. The thought came to mind, "so close, yet so far". I thought you'd meet your little one soon for sure. Hang in there!

    pinkcanuck.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Rachel! I know, "so close, yet so far" definitely describes it.

      Delete
  2. Oh Kristen, my heart hurts for you.....and others. What an amazing God-sighting with your devotion/verse number/waiting number. He is talking to us all the time. I pray for good news soon.

    ReplyDelete

I absolutely love when you comment! It makes my day when I can interact with you all, so please feel free to leave your thoughts, even if you happen to disagree with me, or see things differently. Just please don't chew my head off. I like my head where it is, thankyouverymuch. :)

ADOPTION BLOGS

Powered by Blogger.

ARCHIVE

LOOKING FOR SOMETHING?

Loading...